- Box of spaghetti
- 4 lbs tomatoes (or two cans of peeled Italian plum tomatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup olives, such as black Nicoise olives, greek olives, green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 4 anchovy filets, chopped (or a spoon of anchovy paste)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling, salted water. While it is cooking, prepare the sauce.
If you have canned tomatoes, drain and roughly chop them. If you have fresh tomatoes, peel, seed and roughly chop them.
Heat olive oil with tomatoes in a skillet. Add the oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic, olives, capers, anchovy, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil. Serve over the hot, drained spaghetti.