For peanut dressing
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic paste, optional
- 3/4 lb angel hair or thin spaghetti
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
Purée dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain in a colander, then rinse well under cold water. Toss with oil.
Add pasta, scallions, bell peppers, and sesame seeds to dressing, tossing to combine, garnish with peanuts, and serve immediately.