- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into slices
- 1 crisp apple (such as Granny Smith), peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/4 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the apple and cook for 1 minute. Add the cabbage, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until the cabbage is tender.
This is great served with potato pierogies and sour cream.